Call us

Residential property being surveyed

Fully qualified residential property surveyors

Are you looking for residential property surveyors to assess your new home in Plymouth and surrounding areas?

Residential property services

A survey is recommended for the majority of house purchases, in order to give you an impartial assessment of the condition of the property and with the HomeBuyers Report, a current market valuation and rebuild cost. We can also assist with alterations and extensions to your property with a design and management service.

Home being inspected

RCIS Homebuyer Survey

A Homebuyers Survey or 'Level 2 survey' will be suitable for the majority of modern property types that are of traditional construction, this is generally the cheaper of the two survey options. We routinely undertake this type of survey on post-1960s property, but will also undertake a homebuyers report on some properties from the turn of the 19th century. The Level 2 survey can be provided with or without a market valuation and insurance rebuild cost. We tend to provide the Level 2 survey with these options included, although would tend to exclude the market valuation aspect for properties on the market for £750,000 and above.

Building Survey

A Building Survey or 'Level 3 survey' is generally recommended for older properties, which will typically include all those of pre-1890s construction, most constructed 1890 - 1920 and some of later construction. This type of report will be required for any property of 'non-traditional' construction and Listed Buildings, and will often be recommended for high value, significantly extended and/or altered and complex properties. The Building Survey report format is more in depth and 'discussive' than the Homebuyer Survey Report and is routinely recommended for these property types due to the type and extent of issues that may arise within them.

For residential property surveyors in the Plymouth area, call the team at Stoyan Taylor Chartered Surveyors today.
01752 248 751

Submit details for a Survey Quote

Please read the following RICS documents that detail the extent of the two survey types and provide a comparison of the services provided. We do not undertake RICS Level 1 surveys.

Download RICS - Helping you choose the right survey.pdf

Download RICS - Level 2 with Val Description of Service.pdf

Download RICS - Level 3 Description of Service.pdf

Architectural design service

For extensions or alterations to your property, we can provide a full service from initial design through to completion of construction works. The full service will include producing design drawings, obtaining Planning Consent and Building Control Approval, preparation of a written specification and working drawings, obtaining builders quotes and overseeing the construction process.

The Party Wall etc. Act 1996

If you or your neighbour are planning construction work that may involve the Party Wall Act, we can provide advice on complying with the Act and act as Party Wall Surveyor.